IWA-Sport National Safe Guarding Officer – Daragh Kennedy
Download PDF – IWA-Sport National Safe Guarding Officer Role Description
Rebel Wheelers Multi-Sport Club Safe Guarding Officers
Left to right – Maire Marshall and Con Coughlan
Download PDF – IWA-Sport Club Safeguarding Officer Role Description
Rebel Wheeler Child Safeguarding Statement
Rebel Wheelers supports children of all ages to participate in multi sports activities in a safe and friendly environment. Rebel Wheelers has a no tolerance approach to harm towards children. These activities and events are managed by the team of staff and volunteers. Rebel Wheelers is committed to ensuring that children and young people are free from harm or abuse when participating in our activities and events.
The safety, welfare and development of children and young people are core objectives and key priorities for Rebel Wheelers. Everyone in our club has a responsibility and duty of care to ensure that each child/young person availing of our events/activities is safe and protected from harm (physical/emotional/sexual abuse or neglect).
The Rebel Wheelers Child Safeguarding Statement (CSS) and the policies and procedures outlined below applies to all staff and volunteers and external contractors/facilitators and any person performing any role or function in, or on behalf of, Rebel Wheelers.
The Rebel Wheelers CSS has been developed following a safeguarding risk assessment process. The IWA-Sport NGB CSS states the corporate perspective on how the Association prevents harm to children availing of our services and activities and this Club CSS supports this corporate approach.
Rebel Wheelers CSS has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015. In addition to the risk assessment documents described above, there are further procedures that support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our events/activities.
IWA-Sport’s policies and procedures aim to promote safe environments for children and young people; to lessen the potential for risk to arise; and to manage it safely where it does. In addition to the procedures outlined in the Rebel Wheelers Safeguarding Risk Assessment, the following policies and procedures support our intention to safeguard children:
- Recruitment policies and procedures to ensure the recruitment and selection of employees and volunteers who are suitable to work with children, including the IWA Garda vetting policy;
- Mandatory Safeguarding Training for all staff and volunteers incorporating face-to-face and e- learning programmes;
- IWA HR Policies and Procedures to investigate an allegation of abuse or misconduct made against employees or volunteers;
IWA Child Protection Policy and Procedure outlining the recognition and reporting procedures;
- IWA Health and Safety Policy and Procedure to ensure all risks are identified and controlled to reduce the likelihood and impact of accidents or incidents;
- All activities are managed through policies and procedures and standard operating procedures to ensure a high standard of service is provided;
- IWA-Sport implements a process for maintaining a list of Mandated Persons where relevant;
- Rebel Wheelers has appointed a relevant person to be the first point of contact for this Club CSS.
Rebel Wheelers Committee Officials are responsible for ensuring that the policies and procedures outlined in this Club CSS are in place and operating effectively.
This Club Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed on 30/08/2022, or as soon as practicable if there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
For further information, please contact:
Maire Marshall – email@example.com
Con Coughlan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Download PDF – Rebel Wheelers Safe Guarding Statement